From a database of 10,000 entries, The Masterlist editors will daily curate the top 100 people, places, and platforms that should be top of mind for individuals and corporates.
Today’s list features a diverse mix of entries from artists to filmmakers and hangout spots. See below the full list.
1. Erica: Trended at number one on Twitter for coming out as the Head of House for the second time at this week’s Big Brother Naija Head of House challenge. She was also the point of conversation for putting Laycon, whom she has had a fall out with, up for eviction this week. She has also been in the eye of the storm for rejecting Laycon as a partner.
2. Laycon: Laycon is on the trend charts today for being one of the winners of the House games yesterday which earned him one million Naira and a trip to Scotland.
3. Kiddwaya: Big Brother Naija’s beloved bad-boy, Kiddwaya is currently Erica’s love interest and has been under fire for being an unserious partner to Erica, he has also been the point of conversation because of his wealthy background, and yesterday he trended for getting nominated as part of possible evictions by other housemates.
4. Nengi: Nengi is trending yet again for her wonky relationship with Ozo. She is notable for deftly handling her relationships in the house, while maintaining a strong sense of self and also on the trend charts today for being one of the winners of the House games yesterday which earned him one million Naira and a trip to Scotland.
5. Ozo: He trends for his positive vibes, gentlemanly attributes and his unrequited love toward Nengi. Ozo is a strong contestant who just completed his second stint as Head of House last week. He also has a well adjusted image, bolstered by a supportive family, case in point, his sister making a video advocating for his place in the house.
6. Lucy: The vibrant contestant was nominated yesterday as part of possible evictions and these had her growing fans on edge.
7. Tolanibaj: After her eviction, the vibrant vlogger and all round personality revealed that she considers Erica to be a friend, talking about how they bonded in the house and making it known that it will be her and Erica against the world once Erica comes out of the house.
8.Brighto: After he got evicted on Sunday, Brighto trended for his interview with Ebuka where he made it clear that hitting people’s head together was his thing and not a strategy. Brighto, nicknamed Lord Baelish, was a strong contestant whose eviction came as a surprise to many and delightful news to the many anti-fans he had managed to gather while in the house.
9.Wathoni: She also got evicted on Sunday and trended for her interview with Ebuka where she revealed some issues that kickstarted conversations, especially about Nengi in the house. Wathoni also released some new merch celebrating her new relationship.
10. Big brother Naija Lockdown: BB Naija is currently the biggest show in the country, one that has everyone glued and has been put together with a primal spot for brands.
11. Olamide: He trended yesterday on account of his forthcoming album which took the internet by storm.
12.Naira Marley: Because of the conversation between him and Davido that got leaked online about the Instablog9ja owner.
13. Instablog9ja: The platform recently created a new market platform with better deals for entrepreneurs, business owners, and customers.
14.Debo Macaroni: Debo Adebayo popularly known as Mr. Macaroni. The comedian, actor, and content creator has carved a niche for himself through combining humour with the everyday experiences of the character he plays. His Instagram comedy skit for a new entertainment brand reached 180,000 views in just four hours – over 15% of his 1.1 million followers, with over 31,000 likes.
15. Taaooma: Nigerian comedienne, content creator, and cinematographer, Apaokagi Adedoyin Maryam professionally known as Taaooma has dropped a new comedy skit which boasts over 440,000 Instagram views/106 likes; 33,000 views on Twitter; and 94,000 views on YouTube in 24 hours.
16.Ibukun Awosika: The First Bank chairperson made her screen debut in Kunle Afolayan’s upcoming feature film, Citation. The movie does not yet have a release date but has been seeing a healthy dose of enthusiasm.
17.Tacha: She is currently whenever a tip of her drops on social media especially with her fan base.
18.Aproko doctor: Aproko Doctor will not only doctor you but he has become the major voice on health issues on social media, laying the foundation to build other health influencers.
19. Denola Grey: Fashion Influencer and actor. Trended recently for wearing a Kai collective turtleneck dress in a photo shot by Yagazie Emezi.
20. Don Jazzy: Producer and the executive of leading record label, Mavins. Don Jazzy is well known for his comedy skits and vibrant personality on Instagram. He is also a vocal member of the virtual community and can be seen on any day joining in on topical issues.
21. Bovi: He is trending due to the new show ‘Therapy’ about a dysfunctional couple Abiodun and Stephanie who are trying to solve their marital issues via therapy.
22. Funke Akindele: Social media can’t stop buzzing following the release of her birthday pictures the week before. Akindele keeps showing us that she has her fans right where she wants them – in her comment section showering her with love. She is also causing a stir for her upcoming project.
23.Bisola Aiyeola: Bisola Aiyeola is a multidisciplinary artist with over 2.9 million followers. She recently shared a short clip from Introducing The Kojos, a project she is currently working on.
24. Simi: Her song, Duduke remains a crowd favourite, and you can’t afford to ignore the love her fans have for her – and of-course her music.
25.Teni entertainer: Her voice is magical. Her style is different. But what really sets Teni apart – and why she’s a favorite of brands – is her amazing personality. She keeps her 3.4million followers and 717,000 followers on Instagram and Twitter engaged on a regular basis so if Teni’s on your campaign you should consider it a go.
26.Woli Agba Ayo Ajewole: He’s not a real pastor – at least as far as we know – but followers of his IPM movement take his ministry (and Sunday service) very seriously. His hilarious skit delivery leaves you wishing you understand the Yoruba language which he mostly engages in.
27. Toyin Abraham: Brands know what they’re getting when they engage Abraham: millions of eyeballs (10.8million to be exact) that are always waiting to like and connect on any content she posts.
28.Mide Funmi Martins: The Nollywood actress and TV presenter is an ambassador for many brands because she serves it to her over 2.8million followers on Instagram ‘as e dey hot’.
29. Mercy Aigbe: Mercy’s pull is beyond acting, it’s about her fashion, style, and business acumen. That’s what sets Mercy Aigbe apart. Try all you can but it will be hard to displace this hard-working mum from the ‘What’s Hot’ list – not with her 8.6million followers on Instagram alone.
30.Linda Ikeji: Linda isn’t done with the media landscape just yet, as she keeps setting the pace across the continent through her evolving content offering. You can never rule Linda out – brands know this, and that is why they stay loyal to her eponymous platform.
31. Tomike Adeoye: Actor, entrepreneur, radio, and TV personality – that’s how Tomike describes herself. Her followers see a girl next door personality, while brands see someone immensely capable of drawing attention to their products. Tomike has over 300,000 Instagram followers and almost 7,000 on Twitter.
32.Pamilerin: He only needs to breathe to get people talking. Pamilerin is an influencer’s influencer – that’s all that needs to be said.
33.Lasisi Elenu: My Lord, may I? May I introduce to you the actor that brings us joy with flamboyant characters such as Sinzu Money, Jacuzzi, Spending, Anayo, Atomic Bomb, and a host of others. Lasisi leads the pack when it comes to audience engagement – and with 3.2million Instagram followers and more across social media, it’s hard to argue with his starpower and influence.
34.Omoni Oboli: Actress, filmmaker, producer, scriptwriter, and all-round talent – that’s what Omoni Oboli is. So if your brand is in need of beauty, brains, and abundant talent then we strongly recommend Omoni.
35.Ebuka: He’s so good at what he does that people on social media have taken it upon themselves to demand on his behalf a pay rise from MultiChoice. Ebuka holds us hostage every weekend with his sterling delivery presenting Rubbin’ Minds on ChannelsTV and anchoring the Big Brother Naija eviction show hours later. Ebuka rocks.
36. Nimi Akinkugbe: Nimi Akinkugbe is the money guru. She shared some valuable tips in a feature article on BellaNaija, detailing investment tips learnt from Warren Buffet.
37.Fireboy DML: The afropop star just released his sophomore album Apollo, a stunning body of work that has received rave reviews from Pitchfork, The Lagos Review and a few other spaces. His identity as an outlier markas him out for bold, young and individualistic brand campaigns.
38. Therapy– Therapy is a web-series starring Toke Makinwa, Falz, Bovi and several others in a marriage drama. It is currently gaining traction amongst young Nollywood web-series lovers.
39.Tony Elumelu: The visionary entrepreneur and a philanthropist got the internet talking as he shared his yoga pose that has kept social media flying.
40.Hard Rock Cafe: With over 700 reviews on TripAdvisor, Hard Rock Café ranks number one of 24 American-themed restaurants in Lagos and number two of 252 restaurants in Lagos.
41. Cactus Restaurant: With 312 reviews on TripAdvisor, Cactus restaurant is ranked number 5 of 252 restaurants in Lagos.
42.Shiro Restaurant bar: With 429 reviews on TripAdvisor, Shiro Restaurant is ranked first of 8 Japanese restaurants in Lagos, and first among 252 restaurants in Lagos.
43. Nike Art Center: With an average of 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor, the centre is one of Nigeria’s hidden treasures. Located in Lekki, Lagos, the four-story building comprises an art gallery and textile museum featuring over 7,000 pieces.
44.Etim Effiong: Etim who played the role of Lanre in the movie series, TMC, “The Men’s Club” with more drama, suspense, fun and of course, romance, Lanre is known for his love for older women, with the tag, the older the berry, the sweeter the juice.
45. Alli “Tellz” Odunayo: He is the brilliant producer behind many hits on Burna Boy’s ‘Twice as Tall’ album such as ‘Wonderful’, ‘Onyeka’, ‘Naughty by Nature’, and ‘Wetin Dey Sup’.
46. Joey Akan: Joey Akan’s tweet about music artiste Fireboy recording his debut album ‘Laughter, Tears & Goosebumps’, in 5 days at Oriental Hotel, Lagos went viral in 9 hours, with 355 retweets; 45 quote tweets and 1.2K likes.
47. Rexxie: He produced two songs on Burna Boy’s ‘Twice as Tall’ album, including ‘Bebo’ and ‘Comma’. You see why he’s hot, right?
48. Naijaloaded.com.ng: If it is music, then this is the go-to platform for that in Nigeria. Naijaloaded.com.ng is ranked 17 on Alexa in Nigeria and 2,188 on its global ranking.
49.Lindaikejisblog.com: The blog remains the hub of anything gossip – Aunty Linda delivers it to her loyal readers just as they want it. The blog is ranked 22 on Alexa in Nigeria and 2,889 on its global ranking.
50.Punchng.com: For many Nigerians at home and in the diaspora, this is the home of authentic news. That is why daily traffic to the website is incomparable to many. According to Alexa, visitors to the site stay over 8minutes per visit, and the site is ranked 21 in Nigeria.
51.Thenationonline.net: This platform has risen in stature lately as one of the most authentic news platforms in Nigeria. You visit it knowing exactly what to expect – politics, business, entertainment, sports, and more. It is ranked 24 in Nigeria on Alexa.
52.Vanguardngr.com: This platform has continued to evolve and it has grown to become one of Nigeria’s pre-eminent online platforms. It sets the pace in news offerings and keeps readers coming back to the site for more. The platform is ranked 25 on Alexa in Nigeria and 2,269 globally.
53.Burna Boy: He recently released his latest album, ‘Twice as Tall’ which has gathered reactions across the globe. Burna Boy has hardly stopped trending since then. Eight songs in Burna Boy’s latest album are in the top 10 songs on Apple Music’s most played songs in Nigeria. ‘Monster You Made’ and ‘On the Low’ remain the top 2 songs on the global music chart ‘Popnable’.
54.Mercy Eke: The winner of the last Big Brother Naija contest knows just how to get herself some attention. It’s not a rare thing for her picture to get 100,000 likes. Lord have mercy!
55. DJ Cuppy: No, you can’t copy her. Very few influencers have the skills and temperament to turn social media critics into admirers. You may not like her music but it’s hard to hate on DJ Cuppy’s lovely personality. Her foray into Premier League social media is also getting her more fans daily. Winning.
56.Adekunle Gold: He recently released his highly anticipated third studio album dubbed Afro-Pop Volume 1. So it’s easy to see why Adekunle Gold is currently white hot.
57. Naija Single girl: Author of ‘29, Single, & Nigerian’, NaijaSingleGirl chronicles her journey towards finding a man. Rather than weep over her single status, she chooses to laugh about it. Way to go!
58.Zikoko: The engagement on the Zikoko posts are so incredible. The people behind the platform have somehow found a way to get people talking and they achieve that on a daily basis.
59. Betway Naija: As the headline sponsors of the latest edition of Big Brother Naija, the online sports betting platform is currently getting all the attention. And until the blockbuster show wraps up it will be hard not to consider Betway Naija as a leading ‘What’s Hot’ candidate.
60.Sahara Reporters: For the average Nigerian politician, the fear of Sahara Reporters is the beginning of wisdom. Their style of reporting takes no prisoners and their exclusive stories keep drawing in traffic by the second. They’re ranked 105 on Alexa in Nigeria.
61. Premiumtimesng,com: Ranked 37 on Alexa in Nigeria, Premium Times is the go-to platform for credible news devoid of sensationalism.
62.Fisayo Longe: Fisayo is the owner of UK-based fashion brand Kai Collective that shot to prominence During the Blacl Lives Matter protests and the campaign to support black businesses. She has been recognized by Beyoncé and has had her clothes featured in high fashion magazines including Vogue. She trends every other day for having a celebrity wear her clothes, most recently, Tiwa Savage.
63.Channels TV: Multiple award-winning television stations, ChannelsTV clearly isn’t ready to cede its position to contenders. It’s content goes viral on social media almost on a daily basis establishing it as the go-to platform for news.
64.Arise TV: The channel has clearly stepped it up several notches lately as it brings its viewers exclusive content. The television station will surely remain on the ‘What’s Hot’ list if it continues this way.
65.Sinach: The award-winning singer/songwriter, with her hit single, ‘Way Maker’ is up for three nominations at the 2020 Dove Awards in the United States of America.
66. Olakira: Just like everyone else on the continent, we are hopping in Olakira’s Maserati. Signed on to U&I Music, the Afro Pop recording artiste’s single has over 1.4million views on YouTube. Not bad for a relative newcomer, right?
67. DJ Switch: Last Saturday, she blew off everyone who virtually attended the Big Brother Naija Saturday groove with her mastery of the turntables and her ability to get everyone shaking their body.
68. DJ tunez: The US born Nigerian DJ recently released a banging song featuring Wizkid, Adekunle Gold, and Omah Lay. You can see why he’s planted firmly on this list.
69. Akin Adesina: Nigeria’s former minister in the Goodluck Jonathan administration was earlier today sworn in for his second term as president of the African Development Bank. This is after a long drawn battle with Western powers who threatened to displace him from his position. Adesina is super hot.
70.Cool FM: Based in Lagos, Cool FM brings the best of music and undiluted fun to their loyal listeners. This platform has it on lockdown.
71.Lagos Talk: The number one talk radio in the city of Lagos – focused on creating and encouraging conversations about issues that affect all Lagosians.
72.ONTV: Boasting a monthly reach of over 2million viewers, ONTV brings first class programming, educative and entertaining TV concepts to viewers. The platform airs music, fashion, lifestyle, sports, movies, series, telenovelas, and news content.
73.Beat FM: For those who want a full complement of programming – traffic reports, weather forecasts, entertainment, news, sports programmes and much more – Beat FM is your go-to FM dial.
74. Urban FM: It’s music, music, and more music from this Lekki, Lagos based radio station.
75.Wazobia FM : This unique-styled radio station is rated 4.7 (out of 5) on Online Radio Box.
76. Bond Fm: The station is the number one grassroots FM radio station in Nigeria.
77. Soundcity: This is the radio subsidiary of Nigerian leading music television channel, Soundcity TV. Its aim is to bring together Nigeria’s youth using their power of music.
78. Arewa24: Based in Kano, Arewa24 is the first free-to-air channel to use the Hausa language. Available on DStv, GOtv, and StarTimes, the channel showcases the lifestyle of Nigeria’s Northern region.
79. Iyabo Ojo: The talented actress has one of the most popular TikTok accounts in the country.
80. Nancy Isime: The talented presenter is trending over her unveiling as the co-host of The Voice Season 3.
81. Abba .T. Makama: Her name is currently on everyone’s lips for her soon-to-be-released, much anticipated Netflix film ‘Juju Stories’. We can’t wait.
82. CJ Obasi: Nigerian filmmaker and ‘Juju stories’ co-writer whose projects subvert conventional Nollywood tropes with a clear focus on identity and a rejection of the exotification of Nigeria’s culture.
83. The Blowfish hotel: With 6.9 rating from over 270 reviews, the hotel is one of the most consistently booked accommodations on Bookings.com.
84.Lagos continental hotel: One of the few 5-star hotels with a high rating on bookings.com (7.2).
85. Brilla fm: Nigerians love sports, especially the English Premier League. And where can they get match analysis, transfer news and more other than Brilla FM – Nigeria’s number one sports radio?
86. Techpoint build: After two postponements due to the Coronavirus pandemic, this event finally took place days ago and everyone in Nigeria’s technology sector is still talking about it. It featured Oluwatobi Otokiti, Yele Bademosi, Marius Reit, Nekesa Were and many others as panelists.
87.Ubi Franklin: Ubi, who took advantage of the Coronavirus lockdown to engage key decision makers in Instagram Live conversations on diverse topics, currently engages his over 760,000 Instagram followers using different content. His posts get an average of 7,000 views each, and thousands more likes.
88. Kenni Ekundayo: It was recently revealed that the Lagos-based curator will join 119 other international partners to participate in this year’s 41st edition of Arts Electronica Festival. But more importantly, her curatorial outfit, Galeri ODUMIJE, will be presenting a media art exhibition titled “Pandemic-Pandemonium!” accessible on the web platforms of the festival, while also representing other noteworthy artistes such as Bernard Kalu, Ikenna Ogbenta, Efe Paul Azino and Tobi ‘Tej’ Tejumola.
89. Hauwa Indimi: The mum influencer, vlogger and skincare entrepreneur is providing her followers with videos, photos and comments from Adama Indimi and Malik Ado Ibrahim’s royal wedding. The first YouTube video garnered over 30,000 views in 24 hours.
90.Tiwa Savage: The singer recently went viral as she made her debut on popular live performance show, Tiny Desk Concert on NPR.
91. The voice Nigeria: Three years after it was taken off air, the musical talent show has returned for a third season. The show will be produced in partnership with British television giant, ITV, and international record label, Universal Music UK and in conjunction with YouTube.
92.Darey Art Alade: The songwriter and entertainer has been announced as a coach on singing competition, The Voice Nigeria. The seasoned vocalist will officially join other music stars like Waje, Yemi Alade and Falz on the panel.
93. Dapo Torimiro: Nigerian music producer and songwriter, yesterday revealed that he co-produced and co-wrote a song on Toni Braxton’s Spell My Name album.
94. Bolanle Ninalowo: Popular Nollywood actor has signed an ambassadorial deal with the Lagos state government.
95.Yinka Ayefele: The singer recently trended on social media after posting a video of his newly delivered wheelchair which enables him to stand upright. Ayefele has been wheelchair bound after sustaining a spinal cord injury in an accident years ago.
96.Lateef Adedimeji: The rising star, who is also a brand ambassador for Airtel and Numatville Megacity, beat other popular actors such as Odunlade Adekola, Kunle Afod, Muyiwa Ademola, Damola Olatunji and Femi Adebayo to win the male actor of the year award at the 2020 Fresh Awards.
97.Betty Irabor: The Nigerian media personality went viral on Twitter yesterday as she revealed that while battling emotional issues and depression, people shamed her for losing weight and even called her ‘anorexic’.
98.Osas Ighodaro: The actress Osas Ighodaro will be playing the lead role in the much-anticipated remake titled “RattleSnake The Ahanna Story”. The upcoming film, produced by Play Network Studios, is a remake of Amaka Igwe‘s Nollywood classic “RattleSnake, which was released in 1995.
99. Charles okpaleke: The award-winning Nollywood producer, Charles Okpaleke, who owns the rights to the new film “RattleSnake The Ahanna Story”, also recently announced production of the sequel to the 2003 blockbuster movie, “Osuofia In London”.
100. Idia Aisien: The popular model and television presenter has officially launched a new ready-to-wear collection in collaboration with African Designer’s Mall.